Texas and Oklahoma Fish and Game manage Lake Texoma, and this presents a unique license situation. If you have a Texas Fishing License, you can fish any portion of Lake Texoma on the Texas side. If you have an Oklahoma Fishing License, you are legal on the Oklahoma side. To keep game wardens from going crazy, Lake Texoma has its fishing license.
Lake Texoma Border Water Requirements Texas-Oklahoma
- In Oklahoma waters of the Red River, requirements of that state apply.
- A person may fish in Texas or Oklahoma waters on Lake Texoma only with the appropriate license from Texas or Oklahoma, unless the person possesses a Lake Texoma fishing license.
- A person must have a valid Texas fishing license to fish from the Texas bank from Denison Dam to Shawnee Creek (south of the line between border markers 1 and 2 on the map illustration). GPS coordinates are as follows: Marker 1(Lat 33.81892, Long -96.56806), Marker 2 (Lat 33.81986, Long -96.5556). An Oklahoma fishing license is required to wade-fish or fish from a boat in these waters.
- An Oklahoma resident 65 years of age or older is exempt from fishing license requirements in Texas, including on Lake Texoma.
- The upstream boundary of Lake Texoma is at Latitude 33°54.426’; Longitude -96°59.114’. Source Texas Parks and Wildlife
Texas Residents Requirements
You DO NOT need a Lake Texoma Fishing License if you are under 17 or a person born before January 1, 1931. Please follow Texas Residence for more information.
Non-Texas Residents Requirements
You DO NOT need a Lake Texoma Fishing License if you are a non-resident under 17 or a Louisiana resident 65 years of age or older who possesses a valid Louisiana Recreational Fishing License. An Oklahoma resident 65 years of age or older DOES NOT need a Lake Texoma Fishing License. Please follow Non-Texas Residence for more information.
If you are under 17 or over 89, you do not need a Lake Texoma Fishing License. 65 and older from Oklahoma-Louisiana requires no license. If you are fishing during the free fishing period, no license is required. Each state issues special handicapped or special needs permits. If you are a special needs angler with a court order, you do not need a license.
Lake Texoma Fishing License
With this license, valid until December 31 following the date of issuance, a person may fish in both the Texas and Oklahoma waters of Lake Texoma without any additional Texas or Oklahoma fishing licenses. A Texas resident 65 years of age or older does not need this license to fish in the Oklahoma portion of Lake Texoma. Lake Texoma license is valid only on Lake Texoma. Make sure you ask for a Lake Texoma License 208. This permit is $ 12.00 and can be purchased online or at any Walmart in TX or OK. You can find area Walmarts in Sheman TX, Pottsboro TX, and Ardmore, OK. You can find other Lake Texoma License Retailers here.
Lake Texoma Striper Limit
For striped bass and hybrid striped bass, there is no minimum length limit. Daily bag limit = 10; possession limit = 20, and only two striped or hybrid striped bass 20 inches or greater may be retained each day. Culling of striped bass and hybrid striped bass is prohibited. For white bass, there is no minimum length; daily bag = 25 fish. There are no bag or size limits for yellow bass.